Marketing and Development Coordinator
Full-time, Exempt Position
Posting Date: 8/10/2021
As the oldest Classical music station in the USA, KHFM reaches thousands of people throughout the world via streaming, podcasts, and broadcasts. 24 hours a day, we bring the joy, serenity and positivity of diverse Classical repertoire to our audiences. Based in Albuquerque, NM, KHFM has been a non-profit, public (non-commercial) station since 2017.
We value diversity of all kinds in our organization as well as the richly diverse culture of New Mexico because we believe that diversity makes us a more effective team.
We are a small but mighty group, and we work in a pleasant, collaborative environment. Above all, we love what we do! You will be part of a team who is passionate about their role in the arts community and being able to provide free access to curated Classical programming.
We’re looking for a dedicated Marketing and Communications professional to join our team.
Are you that unicorn? Do you have left brain and right brain abilities? Under the general supervision of the Director of Development & Marketing, you will assist in the development and execution of communications/marketing plans and strategies designed to support our operations and organizational goal fulfillment, promote KHFM’s visibility, and optimize our external audiences’ brand awareness and engagement. This position will be responsible for managing the input and output of essential data for our donors; helping to implement our communications and marketing strategies; seeking creative new funding streams; helping KHFM expand visibility, support, and awareness via special programming, podcasts, and other activities. Additionally, this essential position helps KHFM build strategic partnerships that align with the station’s mission and enables KHFM to have the financial capacity to grow and supports our programming and arts communities throughout New Mexico.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Promoting KHFM’s Philanthropic Development through:
• Being the knowledge leader for our CRM; accurately maintaining the entry of donations, generating reports, donor research, donor communications, donor premiums, and all activities involved with converting listeners to donors.
• Helping to plan, host, and promote outreach events and fund drives
• Identifying prospects and helping to support the multi-faceted development activities of the Development Director, Sponsorship Department, and Executive Director
• Coordinating and communicating with KHFM’s Community Advisory Board
• Maintaining accurate, consistent, and innovative communication with external stakeholders through management of segmented lists for email, snail mail, phone, events, and social media
• Ensuring PCI compliant behavior to safeguard our donors’ payment methodsFollowing board directives ensuring all legal and audit requirements are followed with regard to record keeping and CRM software
• Working a flexible schedule to accommodate fund drives & evening and/or weekend events.
• At least 2 years’ experience in various facets of fund raising
• 1 year experience in working donor database/CRM software; We are currently converting to Allegiance.
• Working knowledge of graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop or Canva
• Communication: Able to execute compelling content utilizing Constant Contact and various social media platforms
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage many diverse projects on an ongoing basis; time management
• Marketing and development experience in the arts preferred
• College degree preferred
• Clean driving record and have own transportation
Wage & Benefits:
• Salary is DOE
• Paid vacation based on years of service
• Paid sick leave
• Medical, dental, vision and ancillary products offered with company contribution
• Retirement plan with employer match
If this sound like the position for you, please submit your resume along with 2 writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or mail to: 8009 Marble Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 ATTN: KHFM. Please reference Development and Marketing Coordinator Position.
KHFM, The American General Media Foundation, is a proud EOE.