Development and Membership Officer
Full-Time, Exempt Position
Job # F-0004
Posting Date: 08/07/2023
As the oldest continuously broadcasting classical music station in the USA, KHFM reaches thousands of people throughout the world via streaming, podcasts, and broadcasts. 24 hours a day, we bring the joy, serenity and positivity of diverse classical repertoire to our audiences. Based in Albuquerque, NM, KHFM has been a non-profit, public (non-commercial) station owned and operated by The American General Media Foundation since 2017.
KHFM’s mission is to provide access, without cost, to classical music for New Mexican audiences and beyond on the air and online; to promote and provide and support live music, the performing and visual arts, and arts continuing education in New Mexico; and to promote New Mexico arts and artists worldwide.
We value diversity in all things within our organization and embrace the richly diverse culture of New Mexico. We believe diversity makes us a more effective team.
We are a small but mighty group, and we work in a pleasant, collaborative environment. Above all, we love what we do! You will be part of a team who is passionate about their role in the arts community, who enjoys customer service, and is committed to keeping KHFM relevant.
We’re looking for a dedicated team member who will:
• Assist in development and execution of fundraising plans and strategies designed to support our operations and organizational goal fulfillment
• Optimize donors and members’ engagement
• Manage input and output of essential data for our donors
• Assist in implementation of our communications strategies
• Expand visibility, support, and awareness of special programming, podcasts, and other activities
• Build strategic partnerships that align with our mission and enable the capacity to grow
• Support our programming and arts communities throughout New Mexico
• Manage contributed revenue streams from memberships, corporate sponsorships, major gifts, and grants
40% Direct relationship stewardship
30% Event/fundraiser planning
20% Data entry/clerical
10% Board support
• Manage donor relations and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
• Plan, host, and promote donor engagement with the KHFM mission
• Coordinate and communicate with KHFM’s Community Advisory Board
• Implement accurate, consistent, and innovative communication with external stakeholders through management of segmented lists for email, direct mail, phone, events, and social media
• Ensure compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards to safeguard our donors’ payment methods
• Follow board directives that all legal and audit requirements are met with regard to record keeping and CRM software
• 2 years’ experience in fundraising (marketing/development experience in arts preferred)
• 1 year experience with donor database/CRM software
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to execute compelling content utilizing Constant Contact and various social media platforms
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite
• Working knowledge of graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop or Canva
• Ability to manage many diverse projects on an ongoing basis
• Flexible schedules for fund drives, and evening/weekend events
• Clean driving record and ability to be covered under company vehicle insurance policy
• Be able to carry or lift 20 lbs
• Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required
Wage & Benefits:
Annual salary range is $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health/vision/dental/ancillary products, sick/vacation time off, company-matched 401K, reimbursement for professional association dues and professional development.
KHFM/The American General Media Foundation, is an equal opportunity employer.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Job #F – 0004