Development Associate/Membership Associate
Full-Time, Non-Exempt Position
As the oldest classical music station in the USA, KHFM reaches thousands of people throughout the world via streaming, podcasts, and broadcasts. 24 hours a day, we bring the joy, serenity and positivity of diverse classical repertoire to our audiences. Based in Albuquerque, NM, KHFM has been a non-profit, public (non-commercial) station owned and operated by The American General Media Foundation since 2017.
We value diversity in our organization. Diversity in all things – race, ethnic background, country of origin, disabilities, age, and gender/gender identity. We embrace the richly diverse culture of New Mexico and believe that diversity makes us a more effective team.
We are a small but mighty group, and we work in a pleasant, collaborative environment. Above all, we love what we do! You will be part of a team who is passionate about their role in the arts community, who enjoys customer service, and is committed to keeping KHFM relevant.
We’re looking for a dedicated associate to join our team.
Under the general supervision of the Development Director, you will:
• Assist in development and execution of fundraising plans and strategies designed to support our operations and organizational goal fulfillment
• Optimize donors and members’ engagement
• Be responsible for the input and output of essential data for our donors
• Assisting in implementation of our communications strategies
• Help expand visibility, support, and awareness of special programming, podcasts, and other activities
This essential position helps KHFM build strategic partnerships that align with the station’s mission and enables KHFM to have the financial capacity to grow. It supports our programming and arts communities throughout New Mexico.
Promote KHFM’s philanthropic development through:
• Being the knowledge leader for our CRM; accurately maintaining the entry of donations, generating reports, donor research, donor communications, donor premiums, and all activities involved with converting listeners to donors
• Helping to plan, host, and promote outreach events and fund drives
• Identifying prospects and helping to support the multi-faceted development activities of the Development Director, Sponsorship Department, and Executive Director
• Coordination and communication with KHFM’s Community Advisory Board
• Accurate, consistent, and innovative communication with external stakeholders through management of segmented lists for email, snail mail, phone, events, and social media
• Ensuring PCI compliant behavior to safeguard our donor’s payment methods
• Following board directives that all legal and audit requirements are followed with regard to record keeping and CRM software
• At least 2 years’ experience in fundraising
• 1 year experience with donor database/CRM software
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite
• Working knowledge of graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop or Canvas
• Communication: Able to execute compelling content utilizing Constant Contact and various social media platforms
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage many diverse projects on an ongoing basis; time management
• Marketing and development experience in the arts preferred
• Flexible schedules for fund drives, and evening/weekend events
• Clean driving record and ability to be covered under company vehicle insurance policy
• Be able to carry or lift 20 lbs
Wage & Benefits:
The wage for this position is commensurate with experience.
KHFM, The American General Media Foundation, is an equal opportunity employer
Schedule: full-time or job share/PT
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Job #AGMF – 0002